Reports to: Operations Director
Responsible for positioning the organization within the top three service providers in any market it operates in with the deployment of requisite marketing strategies, structures, and systems that guarantee exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction to drive business revenue growth and profitability
Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a marketing structure for the organisation with considerations for vision, strategic objectives and required resources
- Assume overall responsibility for developing marketing plans for the organisation.
- Develop marketing solutions to grow customer base in numbers and in value.
- Develop innovative ways of improving customer acquisition, retention and development
- Work closely with Country Managers and Group Functional heads to ensure that marketing cross-functional needs are being addressed
- Responsible for Marketing’s interaction with other departments with regards to business requirements to support marketing plan
- Identify new business opportunities and position the organization to engage and secure contracts
- Prepare new product marketing plans for product introductions in collaboration with Country Managers
- Establish a system of reports and communications for all information from the marketing team to the sales team and for feedback and request from the sales team to the marketing team.
- Accountable to the board on group business performance based on predefined market indicators and benchmarks
- Plan, develop and supervise the execution of strategic brand and communications initiatives and material to drive business performance and protect the brand and reputation of the company.
- Create and enhance public awareness and knowledge of the organisation as a centre of excellence in telecoms consulting in the regions
Below are key outputs expected of the Sales and Marketing Manager:
- Periodic Marketing reports (weekly and monthly)
- Company Profiles and Marketing Communication Documents
- Service Description Documents
- Group Sales Reports
- Industry Trends and Benchmark analysis
- Competitor Intelligence Reports
- Group Marketing budgets, projections and cost management plans
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or any related social sciences discipline. An MBA or MSc will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years in similar function, with at least 5 years in telecoms industry in a senior managerial role.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Strong background in Marketing, Business sales and product design/development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Networking and Ability to interact at highest level
- Initiative, Creativity and Imagination
- Must be capable of selling and leading in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of marketing, project/product management in a telecoms environment
- Experience in customer relationship management, customer focused, understands the industry
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Knowledge of PR and Brand communication
- Experience in press, electronic and digital media/marketing
- Knowledge and experience of designing and publication of materials
- Knowledge and experience of events management
- Drafting of press releases and media briefing