Reports to: Operations Director
Direct Report: Country Finance Manager
To manage all financial aspects of the organization. This includes financial reporting on a timely basis, maintaining bank and other credit institution relationships, cash management, budget preparation, contract review and approval, oversight of retirement programs, coordination of annual audit, tax returns, governmental information returns and overall interface between the Finance Department, other Departments, and management of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for oversight of group finance and accounting operations (including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, prepaids, credit card expense reporting, endowments, payroll processing, vacation accruals and monthly reconciliations) to ensure timely and accurate financial information with appropriate internal controls.
- Responsible for line management of country finance operations.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic financial reports as well as provide other financial information to management as appropriate so as to inform decision making. Financial performance reports are to be comparative to budget and historical data.
- Responsible for group vendor management from a finance perspective.
- Manage revenue recognition and track and ensure compliance to revenue assurance policies.
- Maintain banking relationships and serve as primary liaison with financial institutions.
- Prepare cash flow projections based on existing balances (cash, receivables, lines of credit, accounts payable, commitments, budget items and most recent knowledge of operating plans.
- Manage the annual budgeting process, based upon most recent data and information available including preparing projections from departmental operating plans and conducting financial review and analysis to present budget scenarios for Management discussion prior to finalizing subsequent fiscal year budget.
- Lead timely and accurate preparation of all tax returns and all other financial regulatory obligations as required by governing bodies.
- Review and manage, and establish as needed, new internal systems and controls, operations, processes and financial procedures to ensure the integrity of financial information and reporting.
- Communicate with staff and board, orally, in writing, through reports and visual representation, to provide financial updates and overviews, support a strong culture of financial oversight, and support staff and board fiscal literacy.
Below are key outputs expected of the Group Financial Manager:
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual financial reports
- Cost and Revenue projections
- Annual audit Reports
- Regulatory Compliance
- Financial plans and budgets
• Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or related field, with a master’s degree an advantage
• Required Working Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, with at least 5 years in telecoms industry in a senior managerial role.
- Experience conducting month-end and year-end close, cost allocation, revenue recognition, budget creation and management and cash management
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
The following are required of the Group Financial Officer:
- Knowledge of Budget Planning , Financial Management and Operations Management
- Knowledge of Investment & Portfolio Management
- Knowledge of Tax, application & legislation
- Knowledge of Internal Control & procedures
- Consultancy & Financial Advisory Skills
- Project Management
- Strong competitive drive, negotiation skills, business judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and a high degree of professionalism with both large and small groups.
- Ability to extract meaning from numbers and present analysis clearly and concisely to people with widely varying degrees of financial knowledge;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to form strong relationships with staff in a supportive and confidential role;
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills; able to balance attention to detail with big-picture thinking;
- Highly motivated and highly organized and able to juggle competing priorities;
- Willing to participate in developing the on-going strategy of the company.
- Must possess attributes such as integrity, honesty, trustworthiness.
- Must possess an ‘Always do the right thing’ Attitude.
Salary Range: #260,000 - #360,000 (Monthly)
- Extended work hours.
- May require travel – local and international.
- Working under pressure.
- Satisfactory physical / health status, following medical examination is required.