Reports to: Group Finance Manager
To manage professional, compliant procurement processes that achieve value for money and high stakeholder satisfaction. Also responsible for the selection and management and evaluation of sub-contractors and partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and prepare project guidelines in collaboration with Project and Technical Managers and engage subcontractors accordingly.
- Conduct partner identification and qualification before actual tendering and commencement.
- Define and manage partner governance process.
- Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management) and which result in a high value adding commercial outcome.
- Define milestones and criteria for payments at partner selection stage for subcontractors and other suppliers.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement processes and activities, as well as database of all third-party suppliers.
- Conduct subcontractor performance assessment and report for continuous improvement. Including ongoing performance monitoring and timely handling of escalation from project teams.
- Perform subcontractor on-boarding sessions to ensure compliance to proper environmental health and safety procedures, project guidelines and contracts.
- Create and document service level agreements (SLA) for subcontractors.
Below are key output measurable expected of the Procurement Manager:
- Subcontractor SLAs and contracts.
- Procurement process activity report e.g. Supplier Database, Price Book.
- Partner governance document, including periodic supplier evaluation report.
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria Checklist
- Preparation and submission of tender documents.
• Required Education:
- B.Sc. Accounting / Finance
- CPP or MBA Preferred
• Required Working Experience: 5 years overall experience in Procurement role with minimum of 1-2 years in similar role in telecoms operating environment.
• Required Certification(s):
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Excellence, integrity, creativity, team spirit, commitment, customer-centricity, empathy, safety consciousness.
- Have a flair for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Must have excellent understanding of project elements and supply chain, drawing from relevant industry experience.
- Use understanding of project elements in defining classification of expenses according to specific goods or services (direct & indirect) to prepare price book to serve as baseline for all project cost decisions; factoring quality, service, risk and cost.
- Ensure compliance with pre-defined price book.
- Highly analytical and be able to make decisions that make sense based on all available information.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Must have the ability to leverage interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders: suppliers, customers & colleagues.
- Must be meticulous, and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to persuade, influence and explore positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that will gain acceptance of all parties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Salary Range: #160,000 - #240,000 (Monthly)
- Extended work hours.
- May require travel – local and international.
- Working under pressure.
- Satisfactory physical / health status, following medical examinations